We are looking for a helpful, supportive person to join the 2-1-1 Helpline staff.
2-1-1 connects people who are in need to services that may help them. Applicants should be good listeners and creative thinkers.
Hours: 15 hours per week
- Respond to help requests by phone, online, text message, and walk-in. Help clients clarify their needs, provide information, and refer to services. Screen for eligibility and schedule appointments. Follow up as needed.
- Become familiar with 2-1-1’s database and other guides and tools.
- Follow 2-1-1 policies and procedures. Help keep 2-1-1 records up-to-date. Follow up with clients.
- Assist with data management, web site, social media, outreach, and other projects.
- Take part in orientation, ongoing training on database and community resources, and practice calls.
Qualifications: Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Comfort with computers/ web-based systems. Familiar with databases and MS Office a plus. Knowledge of (or interest in learning) local human services. A positive and nonjudgmental approach. Show respect and fairness for all.
Reports to: Call Center Manager
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to:
Human Services Coalition
171 E. Martin Luther King Jr./ State St. #133
Ithaca, NY 14850
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is open until filled. Learn more about us at www.hsctc.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity: All hiring, appointments, promotions, and terms/conditions of employment shall be made on the basis of merit and totally without discrimination based on color, race, national or ethnic origin, gender, creed, sexual orientation or affectation, gender identity, marital status, age, religious preference, disability, economic status, political beliefs or veteran status.
The Human Services Coalition is a Living Wage employer.