The Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County is looking to fill the position of Housing Program Assistant. This is a part time, 15 hours per week position housed in downtown Ithaca.
The Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County is seeking a Housing Program Assistant. The Human Services Coalition is the lead agency for the Continuum of Care and Housing Tompkins initiative, providing administrative oversight for the CoC Governance Committee, CoC sub-committees and efforts related to the Housing Tompkins summit. The CoC is a local planning body representing the City of Ithaca and Tompkins County that coordinates housing and services funding for homeless families and individuals. The Housing Tompkins goal is to create outreach, networking and strategizing opportunities for developers, municipalities and community members to engage in long-term strategies to increase housing options in Tompkins County.
Job Title: Housing Program Assistant
Responsible to: Continuum of Care Coordinator, Human Services Coalition
Job Summary: The Program Assistant is the person responsible for working with the CoC Coordinator to further the initiatives of the Housing Tompkins summit and the Continuum of Care’s efforts to end homelessness in Tompkins County.
In this role s/he/they will provide staff support to the CoC Governing Council, subcommittees and member agencies to further the coordinated efforts to increase housing accessibility to residents of Tompkins County.
Position: Part time, 15 hours a week, $18/hr
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Assistant will provide staff support for the CoC and its subcommittees, and the Tompkins County Housing Initiative. The Program Assistant is responsible for staffing subcommittees, assisting with planning and development of networking and outreach events, maintaining the CoC’s Coordinated Assessment community waitlist, data entry in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS); planning and coordination of bi-monthly Homeless and Housing Taskforce meetings.
All activities will be done in accordance with the CoC by-laws and with the mission and policies of the Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County under the supervision of the CoC Coordinator, CoC Governance Committee, and the Housing Tompkins advisory committee.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Assuring all documentation is in place including:
- By-laws; Review and Ranking tools; MOU’s between agencies; a coordinated assessment system, a written processes for monitoring outcomes, Code of Conduct, written standard for administering assistance.
- Staffing the committees:
- Coordinating the CoC Committee and subcommittee meetings
- Assisting with the coordination of subcommittee meetings of the Tompkins County Housing Initiative, including meeting setup and breakdown
- Assisting with the Point-in-Time Count of both sheltered and unsheltered homeless
- Coordinating the Homeless and Housing Task Force meetings
- Written agendas and minutes
- Assuring that all minutes and reports are submitted in a timely manner
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Maintaining the Coordinated Assessment community wait list
- Data entry for the Homeless Management Information System
- Maintaining database of parties interested in housing issues in TC
- Other Duties as Necessary
- Associate’s degree and two years’ experience in administrative support or program coordination, familiarity with issues around homelessness OR a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational skills; good listening and people skills; ability to multitask; strong written and oral skills, ability to work independently.
- Computer skills, specifically experience with Microsoft and Google suites.
- Good presentation and public speaking skills
- Social media and marketing skills
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: Tamara Beardsley at email@example.com. or Human Services Coalition, 171 E. MLK Jr./ State Street #133, Ithaca NY 14850. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The Human Services Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.