The Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County is looking to fill the position of Coordinator for the Housing Tompkins Network. This is a part time, 15 hours per week position housed in downtown Ithaca.
Job Title: Housing Tompkins Coordinator
Responsible to: Executive Director
Job Summary: The Coordinator is responsible for facilitating meetings and discussions for those interested in housing issues throughout Tompkins County. This will include a monthly educational and networking meeting and the development of groups concentrating on advocacy around specific housing issues and solutions.
Position: Non-exempt, part time, 15 hours per week
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the Housing Tompkins Director will vary from year to year and will be determined in consultation with the Executive Director and Advisory Committee. In any given year these may include:
- Maintaining a list of those interested in working on Housing Issues in Tompkins County.
- Convening a select group of professionals, on a quarterly basis, as an Oversight Committee to set out the agendas and identify areas of concentration.
- Planning, scheduling, advertising and facilitating meetings on a variety of housing concerns by identifying and selecting topics and speakers in consultation with the oversight committee.
- Developing opportunities and strategies to obtain input from those who are traditionally underrepresented in the discussions on housing including renters, those with housing vouchers, those unable to find housing and first time home buyers.
- Utilizing the Housing Tompkins website, Facebook page and YouTube channel as a means to open discussions on housing related topics, to post meeting notes and videos, answer question and to provide information and connections to a wide audience.
- Building connections between those interested in specific housing topics.
- Assisting municipal leaders in informing constituents on specific housing initiatives.
- Obtaining feedback and evaluations from those involved.
- Developing reports on progress made on identified housing issues to be shared with the public.
- Good listening and processing skills
- The ability to connect with a variety of people
- Demonstrated knowledge of housing needs as they affect the residents of Tompkins County.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing with individuals and groups
- Good presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of people with differing opinions, needs and levels of understanding.
- Expertise in the use of social media to inform and attract an audience
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- The ability to respond to requests in a timely fashion; providing accurate and consistent information.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks,
A bachelor’s degree or significant equivalent experience with a background in housing, good computer skills and experience utilizing social media to communicate with a wide audience. A valid driver’s license and available transportation. Ability to occasionally work nights or weekends.
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: Tamara Beardsley at firstname.lastname@example.org. or Human Services Coalition, 171 E. MLK Jr./ State Street #133, Ithaca NY 14850 by May 25, 2018. The position will be open until a suitable candidate is found.