Position: This is a full time (37.5 hours/ week) from 8:30-5:00 PM. The position is non-
exempt and grant- funded. Benefits include paid-time off and a cafeteria benefit
plan. Hourly rate is dependent upon experience.
Job Title: Community Health Outreach Coordinator
Responsible to: Director of Health Planning Council
Job Summary: The Community Health Outreach Coordinator is responsible for oversight of the
Community Health Outreach Program including meeting contract deliverables
and helping Medicaid members with navigating and obtaining medical and
community services. The Coordinator works one-on- one with clients to provide
support that will improve health.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. Work with Medicaid members on a long term basis. Help with navigating and obtaining services that support health.
b. Develops and implements policies and procedures related to program operations and maintaining compliance with HIPAA and contract with Care Compass Network.
c. Ensures program deliverables are on track and finds solutions to address barriers to meeting program objectives.
d. Conduct intake assessment. Help client with planning and goal setting.
e. Assist clients with finding resources and linking to programs. Ensure timely follow-up with clients, and help remind clients to attend appointments.
f. Work with clients to improve health literacy skills.
g. Provide information that is unbiased and culturally appropriate to individual needs.
h. Maintain client confidentiality. Protect client information according to regulations. Ensure adherence to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
i. Work cooperatively with others who are assisting the client. Follow agency procedures for obtaining or releasing information.
j. Maintain complete and secure records. Prepare reports in accordance with program requirements.
k. Maintain knowledge of local, regional, and State programs. Will provide training.
l. Attend required meetings and trainings. Training may include the PAM® survey, motivational interviewing, and health coaching.
m. Work closely with HSC staff.
n. Report on and monitor trends.
2. Conduct outreach to the target population:
a. Develop and implement strategies to engage the target population.
b. Interact with community organizations to promote program awareness.
c. Use data to identify the target population.
d. Raise awareness about HSC and other community programs.
e. Initiate and maintain contacts with key organizations and community groups.
1. Show concern for others and ability to build trusting relationships.
2. Communicate effectively with individuals. Demonstrate listening and appropriate language skills.
3. Work independently.
4. Have basic computer skills, and experience with Word and Excel.
5. Must be able to pay attention to detail. Have excellent organizational skills.
6. Associates or Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. accredited college or university.
7. Experience working with health and/ or human services programs in Tompkins County.
8. Working with populations experiencing health disparities is a plus.
Essential Job Requirements:
1. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
2. Must be available for occasional evening and weekend hours.
3. Must have a car for occasional local travel
To be considered for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to: Tamara Beardsley at firstname.lastname@example.org. or Human Services Coalition, 171 E. MLK Jr./ State Street #133, Ithaca NY 14850 by May 25, 2018. The position will be open until a suitable candidate is found.
Equal Employment Opportunity: All hiring, appointments, promotions, and terms/conditions of employment shall
be made on the basis of merit and totally without discrimination based on color, race, national or ethnic origin,
gender, creed, sexual orientation or affectation, gender identity, marital status, age, religious preference, disability,
economic, status, political beliefs or veteran status.
The Human Services Coalition is a Living Wage employer.