We are looking for helpful and supportive staff to join the 2-1-1 Helpline team.
We are hiring one Part-Time at 15 hours per week, and one Full-Time at 37.5 hours per week
Please indicate which position you are applying for in your cover letter.
The 2-1-1 Helpline is a service that connects people who are in need to the services that may help them. 2-1-1 gets requests for help by phone (by dialing 2-1-1 in Tompkins or Cortland County), text message, email, chat, in person, or by web search. We receive 13,000-14,000 requests for help each year and we make referrals to the appropriate services depending on each situation.
Applicants should be good listeners and creative thinkers.
- Respond to help requests by phone, online chat, text message, and walk-in. Help clients clarify their needs, provide information, and refer to services. Screen for eligibility and schedule appointments. Follow up/Quality Assurance as needed.
- Become familiar with 2-1-1’s database and other guides and tools.
- Follow 2-1-1 policies and procedures. Help keep 2-1-1 records up-to-date.
- Assist with data management, web site, social media, outreach, and other projects.
- Take part in orientation, ongoing training on database and community resources, and practice calls.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Comfort with computers/web-based systems. Familiar with databases and MS Office a plus. Knowledge of (or interest in learning) local human services. A positive, nonbiased and nonjudgmental approach. Show respect and fairness for all.
Contact Center Manager
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to:
Human Services Coalition
171 E. Martin Luther King Jr./ State St. #133
Ithaca, NY 14850
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Positions are open until filled. Learn more about us at www.hsctc.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity: All hiring, appointments, promotions, and terms/conditions of employment shall be made on the basis of merit and totally without discrimination based on color, race, national or ethnic origin, gender, creed, sexual orientation or affectation, gender identity, marital status, age, religious preference, disability, economic status, political beliefs or veteran status.
The Human Services Coalition is a Living Wage employer. The starting wage for this position is $16 per hour