The Human Services Coalition (HSC) is seeking a Program Assistant. The chosen candidate will provide staff support for HSC’s Housing and Finance Programs.
Job Title: Program Assistant
Job Summary: The Program Assistant is the person responsible for working with the Housing Tompkins Coordinator to further the initiatives of the Housing Tompkins Network and the Continuum of Care’s efforts to end homelessness in Tompkins County. He/she will also assist the Director of Finance with accounts payable, preparing grant vouchers, and monthly bank account reconciliations. .
Position: 25 hours a week, $18/hr. plus benefits
To Apply: Applicants should submit a letter of interest and résumé to Tamara Beardsley at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or the materials may be mailed to 171 East Martin Luther King, Jr. Street, #133, Ithaca, NY 14850. Position will stay open until a suitable candidate is found.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Housing Tompkins and the Continuum of Care
- Development of meeting notices, minutes, agendas
- Database management
- Supporting various committees
- Scheduling and set-up for meetings
- Data collection
- Webpage work
- Correspondence with various groups
- Creating and posting content on social media
- General accounting including
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable (processing invoices and cutting checks)
- Preparing grant vouchers
- Making deposits and general ledger recording
- Monthly bank account reconciliations
- Other Duties as Necessary
- Associate’s degree and two years’ experience in administrative support or program coordination, familiarity with issues around homelessness, an interest in learning accounting principles OR a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Strong organizational skills; good listening and people skills; ability to multitask; strong written and oral skills, ability to work independently.
- Computer skills, specifically experience with Microsoft and Google suites.
- Experience with data management and social media platforms
The Human Services Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.