Tompkins County has been awarded $88,709 in federal funds made available through the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Federal Emergency Management Agency under the Emergency Food and Shelter Program.
The Human Services Coalition administers this program locally. Applications are now being accepted for two open funding rounds, or phases, of the program:
- Phase 37 will tentatively run from January 1, 2020 through May 31, 2021. $36,570 will be available for Tompkins County programs.
- Phase CARES will tentatively run from January 27, 2020 through May 31, 2021. $52,139 will be available for Tompkins County programs.
Eligible local agencies must:
- Be private voluntary non-profits or units of government,
- Be eligible to receive Federal funds,
- Have an accounting system,
- Practice nondiscrimination,
- Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs, and
- If they are a private voluntary organization, have a voluntary board.
All qualifying agencies are urged to apply. Requests for funding under Phase 37, Phase CARES, or both may be made through a single application.
For More Information and to Apply:
Download the EFSP Phase 37/Phase CARES Application. Please review the application details and requirements closely prior to applying.
View the Emergency Food and Shelter Program Manual. Applicants are encouraged to review the entire document, but to especially understand the sections on recipient organization responsibilities (pages 37-44) and eligible expenses/documentation (pages 63-79 and 96-107). The sections on eligible costs are also available as an excerpt for your convenience.
View the Emergency Food and Shelter Program Phase 37/Phase CARES Addendum, which updates the Program Manual with the most recent information and requirements.
View the funding announcement advertisement
Eligible projects under the Emergency Food and Shelter Program are limited. All applicants are required to contact John Mazzello at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-252-7214 prior to applying to ensure that their proposed activities are eligible for funding.
Applications are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 15, 2020
Email the completed application and all attachments to email@example.com