The Human Services Coalition (HSC) is seeking a Project Manager for the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Grant Planning Project (YDHP). We are looking for someone with a strong interest in authentic youth participation, racial equity, and trauma informed care who has experience serving youth experiencing homelessness.
The ideal candidate will have lived experience with Homelessness/Housing Insecurity or will be a part of the BIPOC and/or LGBTQA+ community who are over represented in our population of youth experiencing homelessness.
The Human Services Coalition is the lead agency for the Continuum of Care (CoC), and as such facilitates a coordinated effort among services providers, government, and individuals who work together to prevent and end homelessness in Ithaca and Tompkins County.
Job Title: Project Manager for YHDP
Responsible to: Director of Housing Initiatives
Job Summary: The YHDP Project Manager will support the YHDP core planning team including the YAB, Service Providers, HUD, and Technical Assistance partners with administrative aspects and content and the creation of the Coordinated Community Plan and Request For Proposals and assist in the submission of required reports to HUD. The Project Manager may support the planning partners with communications, marketing and administrative support.
Position: 12 Month Grant Funded Role. Hours to be determined up to 37.5 hours per week. Generous compensation.
To Apply: Applicants should submit a letter of interest and résumé to Tamara S. Beardsley at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position will stay open until a suitable candidate is found.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Youth Program Coordinator will be involved in all aspects of planning and implementation of the Youth Homeless Demonstration Program including organizing and facilitating meetings, record-keeping duties, and participation in the completion of a coordinated community plan including submission to HUD.
All activities will be done in accordance with the CoC by-laws, project contracts and within the mission and policies of the Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County under the supervision of the Director of Housing Initiatives
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the development of the Coordinated Community Plan and Request for Proposals.
- Interfacing with federal agencies and national partners, technical assistance teams and other YHDP grantees
- Monitoring project performance outcomes
- Complete required reporting for HUD
- Assisting of the Continuum of Care (CoC) Youth Action Board as needed including administrative details.
- Stay apprised of federal regulations and legislative changes relating to youth homelessness and their impact on the local funding processes, and disseminate information to partners
- Advocate for youth on a systems level and work with stakeholders to establish authentic partnerships
- Participate in agency meetings, and all YHDP meetings
- Assist the Director of Housing Initiatives and YHDP stakeholders as needed.
- Strong working knowledge of Trauma Informed Care practices.
- Strong organizational skills; good listening and people skills; ability to multitask; strong written and oral skills, ability to work independently.
- Computer skills, specifically experience with Microsoft and Google suites and experience with databases,
- Good presentation and public speaking skills
Knowledge & Experience
- Lived experience with homelessness or housing insecurity
- Experience working with youth and/or youth-related initiatives preferred
- Ability to work efficiently while paying close attention to detail
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in speaking and writing, with persons within and outside of the agency
- Experience leading and participating in collaborative groups Ability to work independently while maintaining willingness to accept supervision
The Human Services Coalition is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff. We strongly encourage applications from minorities and members of underrepresented groups.