If you are familiar with local, state and federal health systems, if you have administrative and planning experience, and if you want to be part of a collaborative, community-wide approach to improving access to quality health care and healthy lifestyles, this could be the right job for you.
Executive Director, Human Services Coalition
The Health Planning Program Director works with the Health Planning Advisory Board, committees, community based organizations, government agencies and the Coalition staff to improve the health of Tompkins County residents by increasing access to quality health care services, promoting the efficiency of health services, and creating an environment to support healthy lifestyles. The Director and staff proactively and collaboratively plan and coordinate activities and projects involving local health care providers, payers, community leaders, residents and other stakeholders.
Salary & Benefits:
Exempt Salaried position; Compensation: salary – low to mid $60’s based on experience; benefits – cafeteria plan and PTO.
How to Apply:
Cover Letter and Resume Required for Application.
To apply email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or send your materials via postal mail to:
Tamara S. Beardsley
Human Services Coalition
118 N. Tioga Street, Suite 304
Ithaca, NY 14850
Duties and Responsibilities:
Health System Planning and Development
- Gather, analyze, and utilize data to provide professional input, technical assistance, and consultation on health and health-related matters that support the activities of the Advisory Board, its committees, county governments, agencies and community groups concerning health-related needs and planning for the development of a healthy community.
- Maintain knowledge of developments and trends in the fields of population health, provision of health care services, Medicaid/Medicare reform, chronic disease, long-term health care and related topics.
- Coordinate with health care providers and community-based organizations to identify possible areas of collaboration to improve cost effectiveness and health outcomes in Tompkins County and the region.
- Participate in regional coalitions to identify and develop common health-related goals for which regional strategies might best apply and to assist in developing and implementing these strategies. Assess for potential impact on Tompkins County residents, health care providers and other stakeholders.
Organization and Management
- Maintain HPC activities in accordance with HSC Mission Statement and Strategic Plan.
- Hire and provide overall supervision and direction to program staff.
- Regularly convene Advisory Board and committee meetings and provide support and information
- Develop and implement an annual work plan, prepare periodic status reports, manage any sub contracts as needed to ensure achievement of all deliverables in grants and contracts.
- Oversee preparation of meeting notices, agenda, minutes, and Board orientation materials.
- As part of the senior staff, provide input and assistance to the Executive Director on operations and policies matters.
- Prepare a yearly budget, monitor budgets throughout the year, revise as necessary and approve expenditures as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Finance Director, ensure timely submission of vouchers and financial reports.
- Research and pursue sources of funding for HPC activities and in support of identified community needs.
- Maintain regular contact with partners and stakeholders to share information and maintain good working relationships.
- Organize task forces as needed to address emerging needs and/or opportunities. Design and coordinate stakeholder engagement activities that include consumers, providers, county and municipal government leaders, and other interest group’s participation in planning and development.
- Serve on health related committees, advisory boards, etc. as appropriate and time permits to provide information, planning, and coordination.
- Participate in statewide meetings, conference calls and trainings.
Public Involvement and Education
- Promote understanding of health care issues and public involvement to improve health status and/or the health system.
- Plan educational workshops on topics of need and interest in health services community.
- Assist in special projects and other duties as assigned to further the goals of the HPC and HSC.
Master’s Degree in Public or Health Administration, Health Planning or related field preferred, and a minimum of four years of experience in health services planning, coordination and management or equivalent. The successful candidate will show an understanding of health care systems and their impact on the community. They will have increasing levels of supervisory experience, demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups, demonstrated ability to facilitate small and large group meetings, excellent presentation and writing skills, a demonstrated ability to take initiative, provide leadership, and present a balanced perspective toward concerns of funders, providers, and consumers of health care services.
The Human Services Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer.