On August 18, HUD released its FY 2021 Continuum of Care (CoC) Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO).
Local renewal applications, and new project applications are due October 10th at 12:00 PM and can be submitted via E-snaps. Information about accessing e-snaps.
Our local RFP as well as other details can be found on our CoC Program Competition NOFA page.
Through the NOFO, over $2.6 billion in competitive funding will be made available to homeless services organizations across the country for supportive services and housing programs for people experiencing homelessness. The NOFO will also provide an additional $102 million for new rapid re-housing, supportive services, and other activities critical to assist survivors of domestic violence, date violence, sexual assault, or stalking. This is the first CoC NOFO to be released since the COVID-19 pandemic as HUD was granted the authority to renew grants without a NOFO in FY 2020.
- End homelessness for all persons experiencing homelessness;
- Use a Housing First approach;
- Reduce unsheltered homelessness and reduce the criminalization of homelessness;
- Improve system performance;
- Partner with housing and health agencies, including to leverage and coordinate American Rescue Plan resources;
- Advance racial equity and addressing racial disparities in homelessness; and
- Engage people with lived experience of homelessness in decision-making