The Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County, Inc. (HSC) is seeking candidates for the position of Accounting Associate.
This position is based in Ithaca, New York. Hybrid work options. A metropolitan region of over 100,000, Ithaca is home to Cornell University and Ithaca College and is consistently recognized by many as one of the best places to live in the country for its natural and cultural assets.
As part of HSC’s mission to enhance the delivery of health and human services in Tompkins County, we envision a community that embraces the dignity and well-being of all people. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming and supports retention of employees from BIPOC communities and other underrepresented groups. Please visit our website to learn more about our programs and the Anti-Racism work within our organization.
Job Title: Accounting Associate
Responsible to: Finance Director
Job Summary: Support Finance Director with payroll management, grant voucher preparation, and general finance and accounting duties to ensure financial success of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- General accounting duties including accounts receivable, accounts payable (processing invoices and cutting checks), deposits, general ledger recording, and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare vouchers for grant payments and reimbursement requests from funders.
- Maintain employee files, including hiring forms and employee benefit forms, payroll deduction forms, time benefit accruals, and retirement plan forms.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly payroll for the organization using ADP online payroll system including timecard verification, employee health insurance, retirement contributions, and benefit accrual management.
- Maintain accurate time allocation records for grant-funded positions.
- Assist with quarterly closings and annual budget work.
- Assist with preparation for the annual audit and tax return.
- Other finance duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with general accounting principles, bookkeeping/accounting experience, especially non-profit accounting
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral skills
- Ability to work independently
- High ethical standards/integrity and confidentiality
- Good listening and people skills
- Computer skills, Excel, QuickBooks, ADP knowledge a plus
Full time, non-exempt. 37.5 hours a week, Salary range: $22.00-$26.00 per hour depending on experience. Competitive benefits package including a cafeteria benefits plan and PTO. Hybrid work options.
Applicants should submit a letter of interest and résumé to Tamara Beardsley at: email@example.com.
Application deadline is Friday, May 20, 2022.
Interviews will take place as applications are received.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All hiring, appointments, promotions, and terms/conditions of employment shall be made on the basis of merit and totally without discrimination based on color, race, national or ethnic origin, gender, creed, sexual orientation or affectation, gender identity, marital status, age, religious preference, disability, economic status, political beliefs or veteran status.
The Human Services Coalition is a Living Wage employer.